Den Haag To Go | What to do on KingsNight & KingsDay in The Hague
Den Haag To Go -
All cool restaurants, hotels, events, shops, buildings, food, museums, things to do and see in The Hague.
Den Haag, The Hague, Denhaagtogo, den haag, Den Haag To Go, hotspots Den Haag, travel The Hague, tips the hague, tips den haag, reizen den haag, restaurants den haag, bar den haag, coffee den haag, Scheveningen, Kijduin, food Den Haag, restaurants Den Haag, eten den haag, Lunch Den haag, La Haya, La Haye, things to do in The Hague, what to do in The Hague, wat te doen in Den Haag, Hofstad, vintage Den Haag, retro Den Haag, urban Den Haag, Kijduin, hotel Den Haag, Hotel The Hague, Haia, 's-gravenhage, strandtent Scheveningen, denhaag, deenhaag, denhag, agga, Agga
KingsNight and KingsDay are coming up!
I love these days; everybody wears orange and is having a good time while enjoying great music, strolling on one of the many flea markets or trying to get rid of their royal hangovers.
In the past The Hague was only about KingsNight (our KoninginneNach was epic, the best of the country) but times are changing and the last couple of years the city is paying more attention to KingsDay as well. We like!
To help you a little, I made this list of all cool things in Den Haag during these orange hours.
- Prep the outfit
First things first, you need an outfit. It’s not a requirement, but hey, it’s fun! Be a Maxima lookalike or dress like a King. A (old) Dutch soccer shirt will work as well boys 😉
Want to do a bit more (oh yes)? Head towards Bokstijn, Snuffel, Episode or the Reshare Store for some great inspiration and pieces for your outfit.
- KingsNight preparations
Outfit: check! You’re ready for KingsNight!
A few things you should keep in mind before the party starts:
- In the city center most of the supermarkets will close a bit earlier. Advise: buy your sh*t the day before.
- Don’t forget the bring your ID.
- Go by bike (or take an OV-fiets). Public transportation is a mess during this night and taxis are full (and expansive).
- Keep in mind that most of the restaurants in the city center close early. Of course there will be food stands all over the city, but this isn’t the best night to have a romantic diner.
Party like a King
During KingsNight you can enjoy many, many parties all over town. The biggest festivities will be at the Life I Live Festival in the city center, with several stages filled with great music. This huge pre-party starts at 19:00h and will end at 01:00h. After this, head over to De Pier to enjoy Oranje Bal, go to PIP to dance during Kingsnight 2016 or Het Paard for Love Sensez ‘Kingsnight’.
Cure that royal hangover
Oeff the morning after.. Enjoy your royal hangover in style: watch our beloved (yes I like them A LOT) family visiting Zwolle this year. Tuning in at 10:50 at the NOS and watch them do some epic “spijkerpoepen” and other silly, funny, lame or cool things during their visit. Take an aspirin, a shot of Oranjebitter and a orange tompoes and you’re ready for day 2: KingsDay.
KingsDay – go outside
Fresh air is the best cure for a hangover, so I suggest you go outside and visit one of the flea markets over town. The biggest one is at Frederik Hendriklaan. At the Thomsonlaan, the Boekhorststraat, the city center and the Grote Markt will be a lot of activities too.
If you are going to sell your old goods, don’t forget to:
- Be there in time, be late and your spot will be gone. Be there before 08:00 or maybe even earlier!
- Bring plastic bags, not everybody brings them.
- Make sure you have enough change (coins and bills, go to the bank the day before).
- Clean all your stuff, trust me, people like their things to be clean 😉
- Bring a little chair, concrete is a b*tch.
- Sing, dance, perform or do something creative. People love that sh*t and are willing to pay for it as well.
Still some energy left? Go visit the fun fair at the Lange Voorhout! Make sure to eat poffertjes and say “Hi” to Jos at De Pusher van Jos (my favorite thing, you will find me here during KingsNight acting like an obsessed addicted gambler).
It’s not really an after party, but during KingsDay you can enjoy Koningsdàch op de Pier by PIP x ZeeZout. Yessss, more drinking & dancing!
Enjoy these orange hours and make sure to tag your pictures online with #denhaagtogo.
Cheers to the King: hurray, hurray, hurray!